Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Big Move Coming......

With the economy the way it is, we are barely making ends meet these days. My husbands job, (he drives a tractor trailer) one week is great and then the next week there is no work. All the money we had saved up is slowly dwindling and not "building up" the way it *should be with the way he has worked over the last few years. All we have are bills, bills and more bills. He is going to file for bankruptcy soon.

We decided about a year ago that we might move to Jordan. That is where DH is from. He has his very own house, completely furnished there. No mortgage to pay, no bills to pay like there are here other than water, heat, phone and internet, which aren't nearly as much over there as they are here. We have a ton of family there, some of which live in the same house in their OWN apartments (their house is HUGE and has 5 apartments) so it's not like they are in the way. I've been there twice and LOVED it there. It was so nice to be around family all the time and not be bored. I always cried when I had to leave there. lol

So it looks like in a month, maybe month and a half we will be leaving. We will all go together and set up whatever we have to then DH will leave and come back here for a few months to work and save up some more money for us. He wants to buy a taxi, 2 actually. One to use for work in Jordan (those taxi drivers made out GOOD in Jordan! lol) and one to lease to someone else. This way he will be making money off both taxi's. After those few months, he will join us in Jordan to stay. That will be the toughest part for me, having my husband gone. I'm not worried about me or the boys because I know we will be just fine and be happy. It's just knowing he will be gone for those few months that breaks my heart, but I have to keep in mind that he is doing it for *us, not because he wants to. We will all get through it though.

As for the boys, we will send them to a private school. There is an "American" school there where they all speak english and teach the kids arabic. A bus will pick them up and drop them off each day. I know they will love it there. Salah still remembers being there last time and is excited to go again.

DH also assured me that I will get internet there, so that is a plus! I don't know what I would do without it! lol I talk to my sister in law who lives there all the time online, it's great. He actually left this whole decision up to me. He said if I want to stay here, he will forget about it. I told him I *want to go, its the best decision for us right now. I mean, how can I not choose for *better, especially for my kids? They are the world to me and I want the BEST, EASIEST life for them. We will have so much more money and so much less worry.

Well I think that pretty much sums it up. I'm sure there is more to come soon though..... :o)

1 comment:

  1. ::sobs:: I'm going to miss you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    much!!! DON'T FORGET YOUR PROMISE!!!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete